Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Rihanna's make-up artist Priscilla Ono stars in a photoshoot called The Placebo Effect in the latest issue of plus size magazine SLiNK

Celebrity make-up artist Priscilla Ono stars in a photoshoot called The Placebo Effect in the latest issue of plus size magazine SLiNK
Celebrity make-up artist Priscilla Ono stars in a photoshoot called The Placebo Effect in the latest issue of plus size magazine SLiNK.

SLiNK magazine is a fashion and beauty magazine aimed at women size 14+ and this issue, its ninth, focuses on the subject of health. The shoot by Vijat Mohindra is called 'The Placebo Effect' and sees the feisty make-up artist with neon green hair, lips and nails, provocatively posing with over-sized pills in a shiny blue room. 
Founder and editor of SLiNK Rivkie Baum says: 'This shoot slots in perfectly with the magazine's stance on body image and the belief that size is not a decider on health, encouraging readers to eat well and get active as oppose to the focus by society and government to fit the perfect 10.

The visually stunning pictures see Priscilla posed with over sized bright green pills
The visually stunning pictures see Priscilla posed with over sized bright green pills

The controversial shoot is sure to raise a few eyebrows, as Priscilla is pictured 'vomiting' up a huge number of green pills
The controversial shoot is sure to raise a few eyebrows, as Priscilla is pictured 'vomiting' up a huge number of green pills

Priscilla is proud of her plus sized body, which is covered only by a lime green fur rug in some of the photos for the shoot
Priscilla is proud of her plus sized body, which is covered only by a lime green fur rug in some of the photos for the shoot
'I do watch what I eat now that I’m getting into my 30s. Like making sure I don’t have too many sweets and eating more veggies, grains and fruits and trying healthier yummy recipes.'Having a pet also definitely helps me get my exercise. I take my doggy Disco Hiking at least 3 times a week.'

Speaking of her celebrity friends, Priscilla says: I see my clients’ confidence transform from before they get glam to after, it’s pretty amazing. 'I know when I get glammed up I want to talk to everyone and want everyone to see me!
She says her top confidence boosting tips are to always dress your best, give yourself plenty of time to get ready in the mornings, and 'look in the mirror and point out all your best features, such as your hips, eyes or lips, and accentuate them'.

Priscilla's strange and intense look is in line with some of her other bold looks
Priscilla's strange and intense look certainly captures the viewers attention




In the interview accompanying the pictures Priscilla talks about her work within the fashion and music industry and being a confident, curvaceous and healthy woman. Though she admits to being intimidated at first being surrounded by the highly body-conscious fashion and music industry, she says she has now embraced it.


Priscilla says: ‘I definitely think I teach my clients that you can look amazing at any size.'One of my friends Amber Rose always tells me how much confidence I exude with my fashion and says everyone should learn from it.

‘Being healthy is something very important to me, especially because people like to stereotype that being plus size is not healthy! I’m healthier than some of my skinnier friends!’

No comments: